Friday, September 07, 2007

A message to Grandpa Siemers

(Quinn is at daycare today, playing with Miss Beth. But before he left, he translated this message especially for Grandpa Siemers.)

Dear Grandpa,

Mommy and Daddy told me that today is your birthday. Daddy said Grandma Siemers actually told him, because he can't remember anything.

Anyway, I wanted to wish you a happy birthday. I don't know how old you are, but you don't seem very old. And Daddy says you guys like to go out and have a lot of fun.

Maybe soon you can come and visit me. I can't wait to play with you guys again.

I can do a lot more now. I'm trying to crawl, but I think my legs are too long and keep getting in the way. I'm trying real hard, though. I just can't stand sitting still. Though I do like it when my doggie, Dexie, licks me in the face when I'm sitting. I try to grab her fur, but Daddy tells me to be gentle. Dexie doesn't seem to mind. She's my buddy.

I'm getting lots more hair. Daddy says he thinks it came in overnight. Maybe there's a hair fairy? Mommy likes to put it into a mohawk, giving me the punk-rocker look my cousin Axel used to have. I don't mind as long as Mommy has fun. And I wouldn't mind looking like Axel. He's pretty cool and he lets me play with his toys.

Daddy is looking for a job. And now he's stuck home this week feeling sicky. He keeps saying something about "locusts" coming next or that "the sky is falling," but I don't understand what he means. I just try to play with him and keep him happy.

Well, Grandpa, I hope you have a great birthday. Daddy told me to tell you that if you go out for dinner, make sure to check for meat in the burger first. And don't forget the pie. Something like that.

I can't wait to see you and I love you.

Your grandson,

Quinn (as translated by Daddy)








































No comments: